MetLife Asset Builder Variable Annuity is no longer accepting new accounts. For information, or if you have questions about your account, please call us at (800) 826-1126.
A Variable Annuity is a long term contract between you and an insurance company consisting of two phases:
1. Accumulation phase where your account value will fluctuate in accordance with your underlying investments and
2. Distribution phase when the insurance company will make periodic lifetime payments to you.
A variable annuity contains several investment options to choose from during your accumulation phase, and an insurance feature that offers beneficiary protection in the case of your death. An annuity is the only investment that you can buy that offers income for life, no matter how long you live, (or how long you and a second person live, such as a spouse or partner).
What are the Benefits and Features?
• Over 40 individual investment options and five asset allocation portfolios to help you diversify and grow your investment. This may help you keep pace with inflation.
• All earnings grow tax-deferred, meaning that you don’t pay taxes on your investment earnings until you withdraw them or they are distributed to you. By not paying taxes on these earnings, they remain in your account and have the potential to compound and accumulate faster. (Returns are associated with the returns of the market.)
• A death benefit that can help provide for your loved ones (see Prospectus for details).
• You have the flexibility to withdraw portions of your account value if you choose.
• Minimum investment of only $25
• Quarterly Statements
Please be sure to review the “MetLife Asset Builder: A Variable Deferred Annuity Prospectus” before investing in the Variable Annuity Contract with GEBA. A copy of the prospectus can be obtained at the GEBA office or by calling (301) 688-7912 or (800) 826-1126.
- If you are buying a variable annuity to fund a qualified retirement plan or IRA, you should do so for the variable annuity’s features and benefits other than tax deferral. In such cases, tax deferral is not an additional benefit of the variable annuity.
- The death benefit and withdrawal feature are available prior to when the insurance company begins lifetime income payments to you.