The GEBA Board of Directors has approved a new Fellowship program to support the part-time educational studies of GEBA members who are working full-time. This Fellowship is a valuable resource for members to help cover some of their educational expenses.
For the 2013-2014 academic year, we will be awarding up to 10 fellowship awards - each worth $1,000.
GEBA Member Eligibility:
The Fellowship program is for GEBA members only.1
- Must be a full-time employee of one of the eligible agencies or contractors
- Must be or will be pursuing an accredited degree program on a part-time basis (3-11 credit hours) during the 2013-2014 academic year that is not reimbursed by your agency or company
- Must be enrolled in one of GEBA's plans as of January 15, 2013
- Must submit a completed application, including an essay (see application for essay topic)
- May not receive more than one Fellowship award
- May not be a previous GEBA Scholarship recipient
How to Apply:
- Download the Fellowship application located on the right side of the page. You can also call (800) 826-1126 to have one emailed to you.
- Completed applications are to be submitted via email only to email@example.com by March 15, 2013. (See the application for additional email instructions.) No printed applications will be accepted.
A third party company, College Money, handles the selection of the GEBA Fellowship recipients. Applications will be evaluated based on the quality of the essay submitted.
1 Family members may be eligible for one of GEBA's Scholarships.