GEBA is seeking a Customer Service Representative that is motivated to maintain our 63 years of high level, personalized service to federal employees through our supplemental insurance benefits and wealth management services.
GEBA was started in 1957 by NSA employees to offer group insurance plan access to NSA employees. Since then, the GEBA product line has expanded to provide a wide spectrum of insurance and investment options and financial planning services. We negotiate on behalf of our members to find the best insurance plans from financially strong insurance companies, who will be there when our members and their families need them.
As we continue to expand our membership deeper into the federal agency space, this position is instrumental in helping to grow our base and deepen our relationships with existing members and their families. This position also represents GEBA at events and conferences of local, regional and national organizations, introducing GEBA to audiences and providing a face in the community. This position also will require the ability to work independently, to meet customer satisfaction levels and product goals.
Working with a dedicated inhouse team, candidates must be flexible, able to work and collaborate with other teams within the organization including GEBA Wealth Management, Marketing and Technology Services.
Candidates must be able to do the following:
- Grow GEBA Membership:
- Advise active or prospective members by conducting outreach communications, campaigns, understanding the different demographic groups that GEBA services.
- Systematically identify prospective cross sell opportunities and encourages product solutions to members.
- Build the GEBA Sponsored Family Member Program, working with existing members to broaden awareness of GEBA services.
- Provide other parts of GEBA organization with customer feedback and identify possible pain points or opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
- Account Management
- Opens members accounts by recording and entering account information in our database, notifies members of coverage status.
- Maintain member accounts by updating and servicing member changes in our database.
- Maintain and process customer accounts, i.e. billing changes, adjustments, claims, refunds, etc.
- Respond to member requests, complaints or services issues
- Maintain enrollment processes for various products so that necessary paperwork has been received, processed and filed properly.
Must be able to pass background check
AA Degree or High school with 5 years of job experience in similar field
Sales, customer services and processing experience
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Computer literate in Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Life Insurance license