The Financial Advisor meets with current and prospective members, to collect and discuss each member’s life insurance and financial information (assets, income, debt, cash flow, tax status, retirement saving and financial objectives).
The Financial Advisor analyzes the information collected to develop individualized advice and strategies for each client based upon each client’s insurance and financial status, risk tolerance, needs and objectives.
The Financial Advisor will provide individualized advice and recommendations on the purchase of life insurance and Investments that are in the client’s best interest.
Financial Advisors will be expected to periodically reach out to clients to review their accounts or to suggest a review of their account.
Advisors will also be expected to provide customer service for GEBA’s $260,000,000 of legacy fixed products which includes a Stable Value Account, Group Variable Annuity and Group Fixed Annuity as well as act as contributing member of the GEBA team in any capacity necessary to benefit the organization and membership.
• Series 6 or 7
• Series 63 and 65 or 66
• Life and Health Insurance
• Ability to pass Government Security Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree
• CFP® or the ability to obtain it in the future
• Experience in a bank, credit union or non-profit.
• Experience working with federal government employees
• Experience with MoneyGuidePro (Financial Planning software) and Morningstar Workstation (Portfolio Analysis tool) a plus!
Very little travels is required. Typically less than twice per year.