The GEBA Scholarship Foundation is committed to helping deserving and diverse students pursue an eclectic range of academic pursuits. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded 375 merit-based financial scholarships awards to admirable students totaling $825,500.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Board approved a total of up to 40 merit-based scholarships - each worth $2,500. This scholarship money provides a way to reduce the financial burden on students and their families. Additional information and applications will be available in early January.
Applicants can only apply for one of the following award categories:
- Academic- In this highly competitive category, applicants compete on the basis of academic performance and progress toward stated goals.These are evidenced in transcripts, standardized tests, references, and a clearly articulated message of educational plans.
- Community-Community Scholars exhibit initiative, accomplishments, and leadership in their extracurricular activities and/or community service. These students also demonstrate a solid academic performance and have a strong G.P.A. Community applicants are able to balance their dedication to their community and extracurricular activities with their academic studies.
- Career Training- The Career Training scholarship is for those attending a vocational school or an associate’s degree program that will result in a degree leading directly to a career path. Students compete on the totality of their academic records, their extracurricular and work experience, and demonstrated commitment to their goals. Examples could include x-ray technician, cosmetologist, computer-aided drafting technology, etc.
- Must be sponsored by themselves or an eligible family member (spouse, parent, stepparent, grandparent, or step-grandparent). Eligible sponsor must be current member who has an active GEBA or GEMBA plan that has been in effect for at least three years (December 31, 2015 or earlier).
- Must be a full-time student who attends, or will attend an accredited educational institution offering credit towards recognized post-secondary degrees and credentials.1
- Can be a previous GEBA Scholarship recipient. Winners can reapply each year for a maximum of 4 GEBA Scholarship awards from any category.
- Can only apply for one scholarship from the GEBA Scholarship Foundation per year.
To ensure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs. Learn more about ISTS at www.applyists.com.
ISTS Tuition Discount Network:
ISTS has negotiated deals with more than 40 colleges and universities with discounts that range from 10%-40% off of published tuition rates. Learn more at www.applyists.com/tuition-discount-network.
1 Working GEBA members who are part-time students or have student loan debt in their own name stemming from their own education may be eligible for GEBA's Member Educational Award Program.