The GEBA Scholarship Foundation is committed to helping deserving and diverse students pursue an eclectic range of academic pursuits. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded 375 merit-based financial scholarships awards to admirable students totaling $825,500.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Board approved a total of up to 40 merit-based scholarships - each worth $2,500. This scholarship money provides a way to reduce the financial burden on students and their families.
Applicants can only apply for one of the following award categories:
- Academic- In this highly competitive category, applicants compete on the basis of academic performance and progress toward stated goals.These are evidenced in transcripts, standardized tests, references, and a clearly articulated message of educational plans.
- Community-Community Scholars exhibit initiative, accomplishments, and leadership in their extracurricular activities and/or community service. These students also demonstrate a solid academic performance and have a strong G.P.A. Community applicants are able to balance their dedication to their community and extracurricular activities with their academic studies.
- Career Training- The Career Training scholarship is for those attending a vocational school or an associate’s degree program that will result in a degree leading directly to a career path. Students compete on the totality of their academic records, their extracurricular and work experience, and demonstrated commitment to their goals. Examples could include X-ray technician, cosmetologist, computer-aided drafting technology, etc.
- Must be sponsored by themselves or an eligible family member (spouse, parent, stepparent, grandparent, or step-grandparent). Eligible sponsor must be current member who has an active GEBA or GEMBA plan that has been in effect for at least three years (December 31, 2015 or earlier).
- Must be a full-time student who attends, or will attend an accredited educational institution offering credit towards recognized post-secondary degrees and credentials.1
- Can be a previous GEBA Scholarship recipient. Winners can reapply each year for a maximum of 4 GEBA Scholarship awards from any category.
- Can only apply for one scholarship from the GEBA Scholarship Foundation per year.
To ensure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs. Learn more about ISTS at www.applyists.com.
ISTS Tuition Discount Network:
ISTS has negotiated deals with more than 40 colleges and universities with discounts that range from 10%-40% off of published tuition rates. Learn more at www.applyists.com/tuition-discount-network.
1 Working GEBA members who are part-time students or have student loan debt in their own name stemming from their own education may be eligible for GEBA's Member Educational Award Program.