Applicants can only apply for one of the following award categories:
- Academic – In this competitive category, applicants compete primarily on the basis of academic performance and progress toward stated goals. These are evidenced in transcripts, extracurricular activities, and a clearly articulated message of educational plans.
- Community – Community Scholars exhibit initiative, accomplishments, and leadership in their extracurricular activities and/or community service. These students also demonstrate a solid academic performance and have a strong G.P.A. Community applicants are able to balance their dedication to their community and extracurricular activities with their academic studies.
- Career Training – The Career Training scholarship is for those attending a vocational school or an associate’s degree program that will result in a degree leading directly to a career path. Students compete on the totality of their academic records, their extracurricular and work experience, and demonstrated commitment to their goals. Examples could include X-ray technician, cosmetologist, computer-aided drafting technology, etc.
- Must be sponsored by themselves or an eligible family member (spouse, parent, stepparent, grandparent, or step-grandparent). Eligible sponsor must be current member who has an active GEBA or GEMBA plan that has been in effect for at least three years (December 31, 2019 or earlier).
- Must be a full-time student who attends, or will attend an accredited educational institution offering credit towards recognized post-secondary degrees and credentials.1
- Can only apply for one scholarship from the GEBA Scholarship Foundation per year.
- Cannot be a previous GEBA Scholarship recipient.
To ensure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs. Learn more about ISTS at www.applyists.com
1 Working GEBA members who are part-time students or have student loan debt in their own name stemming from their own education may be eligible for GEBA’s Member Educational Award Program
Application Deadline – March 31, 2023
All applicants for the 2023-2024 Academic Year will be notified by mid-May. Good luck to the applicants!
GEBA awarded $100,000 in merit-based scholarships to 40 students and $25,000 to 10 MEAP winners for the 2022-23 school year! Congratulations to all of the winners!