Group Long Term Disability Eligibility
GEBA Group Long Term Disability coverage is available to civilian federal employees and retirees, and active and retired military personnel.
To apply, you must be:
- Under age 60
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States (excluding territories)
- Actively working (30 hours/week or more)
- A civilian federal employee and military
- A spouse or domestic partner of a GEBA member is eligible for coverage if the member is also applying or already has coverage. A spouse or domestic partner must also be actively working.
Coordination of Benefits
In some circumstances, you may be eligible for disability benefits under other federal or state insurance benefit programs.
The benefit amount payable as the result of the insured person’s total disability will be the lesser of:
- The monthly benefit
- 67% of the insured person’s pre-disability earnings minus:
- any other income benefits, including those for which the insured person could collect but did not apply; and
- all other income from any employer or for any work. However, if the insured person’s monthly benefit reduces to less than $200 per month due to other income benefits, then the minimum monthly benefit under the policy will remain at $200 per month.