Your ability to work may suddenly stop.
But your bills don't.
Group Long Term Disability Insurance helps provide income when you can't work due to a debilitating accident or illness.
Think of Disability Insurance as Paycheck Protection
Your most important financial asset is your ability to earn a living. Those earnings pay for your living expenses, your children’s education, your home, and your retirement. Long Term Disability Insurance helps protect you against the loss of your income and provides peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
Planning ahead can mean the difference in your ability to deal successfully with an otherwise devastating situation.
Comprehensive Coverage for the Protection You Need
GEBA's Group Long Term Disability Insurance, underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, pays a monthly benefit if you have a serious injury, accident or illness that makes it impossible for you to work.
- Tax-free payments up to $7,500 per month (not to exceed 67% of gross monthly salary). Please consult with your tax adviser for more information.
- Coverage for a working spouse/domestic partner is also available. (Member coverage is required.)
- Competitive premiums with many convenient payment options.
- Benefits are protected from inflation. Cost of Living Adjustments begin with your second year of collecting disability. Up to six annual adjustment will be made, with a maximum annual increase of 6%.
- Partial Disability and Rehabilitation Benefits.
- No premium after you begin receiving your benefits.
- Survivor Income Benefits, when available, are paid to the insured's designated beneficiary (a benefit equal to three monthly disability payments).
Government employees are entitled to a disability retirement annuity under their federal benefits. Check the coverage and your financial situation to determine if you have adequate resources to meet your everyday expenses in the event you become disabled. If not, this supplemental Group Long Term Disability Insurance plan may be right for you. Apply now for coverage.
The Group Long Term Disability Insurance Plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010. Under Group Policy G-29344-0 on Policy Form GMR-FACE/G-29344-0
New York Life's state of domicile is New York, and NAIC ID # is 66915
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada. However, not all group plans it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. Please check the applicable insurance brochures for current availability.
Before applying and for important information including features, cost, eligibility, renewability, limitations, and exclusions, please read the Group Long Term Disability Brochure. Coverage not currently available in Maine, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Vermont.