- PLI provides additional legal consultations, at no additional cost, for pre-complaint, preventative, and other federal employee matters even when they fall outside of program parameters.
- Coverage counsel prior to DOJ’s determination of scope and interest
- DOJ monitoring counsel, when necessary
- Worldwide coverage for employees serving outside of CONUS, and coverage for investigations and disciplinary actions that are held in abeyance pending a foreign service grievance board appeal and other final action
- Congressional hearing coverage if you are a target or subject in the proceeding
GEBA’s Professional Liability Insurance will follow you wherever you go within the civilian federal government. As long as you continue to pay your premium, your coverage will remain active.
You are not covered for:
- Prior acts if you had knowledge of the act or the act occurred prior to your retroactive date
- Any event that is covered under workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, disability benefits law, or other similar law
- Damages that arise from your willful commitment of, or knowledge about, a violation of a penal statute or ordinance
- Damages that arise out of intentional acts of fraud that you committed or directed someone else to commit
- Liability you assume under any contract or agreement
For complete terms and conditions, please refer to the policy.
Yes. There is a 36-month grace period following the termination of this insurance to cover events that occurred while the original coverage was in effect.
Contact GEBA immediately at (800) 826-1126. Our staff will put you in contact with a covered lawyer. Do not seek a lawyer on your own or your expenses may not be covered.
The policy provides $1,000,000 in coverage for judgments and $100,000 for administrative and legal fees.