How Much Disability Insurance Should I Consider?
This calculator provides an estimate of the Long Term Disability Monthly benefit you may need based on your inputs. You may want to consult your GEBA Wealth Management Financial Advisor to help you determine the optimal amount. This calculator is for FERS employees only
Comprehensive Disability Insurance coverage you should consider*
- Tax-free payments up to $7,500 per month (not to exceed 67% of gross monthly salary). Please consult with your tax advisor for more information.
- Coverage for a working spouse/domestic partner is also available. (Member coverage is required.)
- Affordable group rates with many convenient payment options.
- Benefits are protected from inflation. Cost of Living Adjustments begins with your second year of collecting disability. Up to six annual adjustments will be made, with a maximum annual increase of 6%.
- Partial Disability and Rehabilitation Benefits.
- No premium after you begin receiving your benefits.
- Survivor Income Benefits, when available, are paid to the insured’s designated beneficiary (a benefit equal to three monthly disability payments).
*Sponsored Family Members are not eligible for the Group Long Term Disability Insurance Plan.