Professional Liability Insurance protects managers, supervisors, directors and law enforcement employees against liability arising from actions taken within the scope of the job.
GEBA offers you this important protection for only pennies a day.
Designed for Federal Employees Like You
Lawsuits against federal employees are increasing at an alarming rate. Members of the public - even fellow co-workers - can bring personal lawsuits against you.
As a director, manager, supervisor or law enforcement employee, you are at risk whenever you are acting within the scope of your job - including delegating assignments, performing evaluations, working at your desk, or meeting with the public.
The Federal Tort Claims Act states the government can choose whether or not to defend you, but cannot cover monetary damages awarded against you personally. Frivolous or not, a lawsuit could cost you thousands of dollars.
GEBA’s Professional Liability Insurance pays the full cost of your legal defense and covers the expense of damages awarded against you, up to policy maximums, for judgments arising from acts, errors, or omissions committed by you within the scope of your employment. Even if the Justice Department refuses to defend you, this insurance has you covered.
- $1,000,000 coverage for judgments, including personal injury, bodily injury, and property damage
- $100,000 coverage for legal defense costs, including groundless or fraudulent suits
- Protection against judgments involving personal injury, bodily injury and property damage within the scope of our employment
- Discovery period up to 36 months after retirement
- $5,000 on-the-job Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
The total annual cost for GEBA’s Professional Liability Insurance is $280. If you are a manager, supervisor or law enforcement employee, the Federal Law requires your Agency to reimburse you for one half of the Professional Liability Insurance premium up to $150. Check with your respective benefits office at your Agency for specific eligibility and reimbursement procedures.