GEBA is a nonprofit member-governed employee benefit association dedicated to serving the federal employees and retirees, military, contractors (assigned to NSA-W), and Sponsored Family Members.
GEBA offers our members high quality insurance products at preferred rates not available to the general public and wealth management services that have our member's best interests in mind. We partner with top insurance and investment companies with reputations for longevity and financial strength. Our licensed Financial Advisors merge their investment expertise with their knowledge of federal benefits to provide invaluable financial planning assistance to our members.
Serving the Federal Employees and Retirees for 60 Years
GEBA was started in 1957 by NSA employees to offer group insurance plan access to NSA employees. Since then, the GEBA product line has expanded to provide a wide spectrum of insurance and investment options and financial planning services. We negotiate on behalf of our members to find the best insurance plans from financially strong insurance companies, who will be there when our members and their families need them. Our Financial Advisors are licensed professionals, including some CFPs®, and are salaried employees.
GEBA is distinguished by:
- our commitment to our members,
- our focus on service,
- easy access to relevant information,
- and unbiased advice from knowledgeable Financial Advisors.
We continually strive to meet the dynamic needs of our members like you, to provide customized solutions to help you secure your financial future.
GEBA membership is available to civilian federal employees and retirees, military, and contractors assigned to NSA-W. Members extended adult family are also eligible for most GEBA products and services under GEBA's Sponsored Family Member Program.
Many of our plans are portable so if you leave your agency or company or retire, you can keep your coverage.
You become a member of GEBA for free and remain a member for as long as you own a GEBA product.
As a GEBA member, you enjoy the advantages of:
- Group savings and discounts on quality insurance plans from respected providers
- Wide selection of products to fit your situation and life stage
- Unbiased Insurance and financial planning advice from experienced, licensed professionals
- Coverage you can KEEP when you retire or leave the federal government
- Special guaranteed insurance offers for NEW HIRES
- GEBA Scholarship eligibility for yourself or your family
- Member Educational Award Program to help fund your part-time studies or pay off your student loans
- Educational seminars and webinars
- Free events, like Shred Fest and GEBA Day at the Maryland Zoo