GEBA is a nonprofit member-governed employee benefit association dedicated to serving the federal employees of the U.S. Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of State, FBI, U.S. Agency for International Development, and military, contractors (assigned to NSA-W), and Sponsored Family Members.
GEBA offers outstanding insurance and investment products from financially strong and highly reputable companies. Our licensed Consultants integrate their expertise in insurance and investment products with their knowledge of federal benefit programs to provide personalized recommendations for you and your family.
Serving the Intelligence Community for 60 Years
GEBA was started in 1957 by NSA employees to offer group insurance plan access to NSA employees. Since then, the GEBA product line has expanded to provide a wide spectrum of insurance and investment options. We negotiate on behalf of our members to find the best insurance plans from financially strong insurance companies, who will be there when our members and their families need them. On the investment side, we offer the most sought-after investment products, plus sometimes find options that are not generally available in the open market.
GEBA is distinguished by:
- our commitment to our members,
- our focus on service,
- easy access to relevant information,
- and unbiased advice from knowledgeable Consultants.
We continually strive to meet the dynamic needs of our members like you, to provide customized solutions to help you secure your financial future.
GEBA membership is available to civilian federal employees and retirees in the:
- Intelligence Community
- Department of Defense
- Department of State
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- United Stated Agency for International Development.
Contractors assigned to NSA-W, Military, and Sponsored Family Members are also eligible for GEBA products and services.
Many of our plans are portable so if you leave your agency or retire, you can keep your coverage.
You become a member of GEBA for free and remain a member for as long as you own a GEBA product.
As a GEBA member, you enjoy the advantages of:
- Group savings and discounts on quality insurance plans from respected providers
- Wide selection of products to fit your situation
- Insurance and financial planning advice from experienced, licensed professionals
- Coverage you can KEEP when you retire or leave the federal government
- Special Programs for NEW HIRES
- GEBA Scholarship eligibility for yourself or your family
- Member Educational Award Program to help fund your part-time studies or pay off your student loans
- Free membership for life as long as you own a GEBA product